The enormous variety of recipes that a Keto or low carb diet has to offer is hands down the reason why it’s been easy for me to stick to this way of eating. A perfect example is the Keto broccoli cheddar soup. A classic recipe without all the carbs. It’s a great filling option for lunch or dinner. Serve this Keto broccoli cheddar soup with a side salad, or try making these Keto biscuits.
It’s hard to believe that comfort food can also be Keto! I kept this recipe simple but there are lots of ways to customize this keto soup! I like to top this broccoli cheddar soup with bacon, jalapenos and sometimes even green onions!
- 1/4 white onion
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 cups of chopped up broccoli
- Diced 2 stalks of celery
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- Put diced onion, celery, and garlic in a pot, season with salt and pepper and cook until soft.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli, and stir.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese in slowly (I usually add a handful at a time) and stir in between.
- Cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- To make soup thicker you can add xanthan gum. **You can find xanthan gum in your local grocery stores baking section.